What is Recovery Coaching?
A form of strengths-based support for persons with addictions or in recovery from alcohol, other drugs, codependency, or other addictive behaviors. Recovery coaches work with persons with active addictions as well as persons already in recovery. Recovery coaches are helpful for making decisions about what to do with one’s life and the part addiction or recovery plays in it. Recovery coaches help clients find ways to stop addiction (abstinence), or reduce harm associated with addictive behaviors. Recovery coaches can help a client find resources for harm reduction, detox, treatment, family support and education, local or online support groups; or help a client create a change plan to recover on their own.
Recovery coaches do not offer primary treatment for addiction, do not diagnose, and are not associated with any particular method or means of recovery. Recovery coaches support any positive change, helping persons coming home from treatment to avoid relapse, build community support for recovery, or work on life goals not related to addiction such as relationships, work, education etc. Recovery coaching is action oriented with an emphasis on improving present life and reaching goals for the future.
Recovery coaching is unlike most therapy because coaches do not address the past, do not work to heal trauma, and there is little emphasis on feelings. Recovery coaches are unlike licensed addiction counselors in that coaches are non-clinical and do not diagnose or treat addiction or any mental health issues.
Our staff of Recovery Coaches are state certified. Recovery coaching is the next step after treatment, for those individuals in early stages of recovery from alcohol or drug addiction. We walk this road of recovery with the individual. By listening to and truly hearing the individual, we identify underlying issues, and are then able to meet them where they are and help determine what is best for each individual based on their specific needs. We also work closely with the individual’s family as well, which has often times been devastated by their loved ones disease. We offer comprehensive, individualized recovery coaching for both men and women. A unique recovery plan is completed with each individual and family based on their specific needs. We:
- Provide emotional support within healthy boundaries of mentoring, introduction to sober activities, and support groups.
- Present informational support through referrals to health, wellness, legal, and educational assistance.
- Provide instrumental support with stressful tasks such as licenses and insurance, applications and entitlements, court hearings, family reunification.
- Offer companionship in person, via phone, email, and text. A Recovery Coach is a reliable sources of support for those new in recovery.
- Strengthen communication between the individual and treatment professionals, peer and support groups, and their family.
- Address crucial life domains such as relationships/family, employment/education, and spirituality.
- Provide lifestyle support by introducing the individual to a new community that thrives in a sober life.
- Utilize peer based that encourages individuals to share common solutions to common problems.
- Provide consistent, non-judgmental, flexible support.
- Promote healthy family relationships by establishing boundaries, managing expectations, and rebuilding trust.
- Successfully change patterns of failure into patterns and strategies for sober living.
Cost for Services:
We provide 3 different Coaching packages for our clients:
- 12 face-to-face weekly sessions for $600.
- 6 Monthly face-to-face sessions for $500.
- Face-to-Face Individual Sessions for $100 each.
($50 cancelation fees apply without 24 hour notice)
Certified Recovery Coach
Certified Recovery Support Specialist
Certified Peer Support Specialist
Certified Recovery Residence Administrator
- Owner and Operator of Real Recovery Sober Living
- Executive Board Member of Recovery Epicenter Foundation.
- Coordinator of Recovery Athletic League
- Has professionally worked with over 350 men in early sobriety.
- Active member in 12 step recovery.
- Well connected with Support Services in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, and Pasco County.
- Men in transitional recovery
- Ages between 18-35 years old
- 12 step-based recovery pathway
- Recovery housing
- Job Resume building
- Financial Management
- Tasks and Time Management
Certified Life Coach
- Owner and Operator of Your One Big Life Coaching Agency
- Certified through the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching after completing 350+ hours of training and coaching
- Active member in 12 step recovery.
- Over a decade in Human Resources with three Fortune 500 Companies.
- Co-chair for the South Eastern Conference for Young People in AA 2017
- Women in early recovery
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Eating Disorders
- Career Coaching
- Moving through lifestyle challenges